- Name The '08
- Status Disassembled
- Weight 120 lbs
- Dimensions 28x38in base, 60in tall (no extension)
- Frame Welded Aluminum
- Drivetrain 4 CIM, 3.5in waffle-tread wheels x6
- Language C
- Sacramento Regional Rank 7, Judge's Award
- Silicon Valley Regional
- CalGames 2014
- Elevator - forklift-like 3 stage elevator powered by 2 Fisher-Price motors, tall enough to lift game pieces to required game height. Also had bit that pointed upwards to remove trackballs from the racks on the field.
- Hoop - bent fiberglass shafts, to hold down the balls while they were on the elevator, actuated by large pneumatic piston.
- Pneumatics - compressor mounted on board.
Each two minute match was between two alliances of three robots each. The playing field was set up as a sort of racetrack, where robot motion could only go in one direction between 4 zones on the field. 4 large inflated 'trackballs' were placed on racks that went across the middle of the field. Points were awarded for driving laps around the track. Even more points were awarded for driving laps around the track with the trackball in possession, and more points than that were awarded for 'hurdling' the ball over the rack that went over the field. At the end of the match, points were awarded for having your team's trackballs on the racks.
The only remaining pieces of the robot are the 2 pieces of the frame and the hoop that held down the trackballs.